Error in Blat : "unexpected error 10051 from winsock"
bertsoft
2006-02-03 08:20:37 UTC
Hi guys,

Any body encounter this error in blat,because i using blat for NNM
to send alert to our network admin..... need your help

workaround I aldready performed this task

1. Install the blat - Result is "success"

ex. C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>blat -install
mailsko.mine.com ***@mine.com

SMTP server set to mailsko.mine.com on port 25 with user ***@mine.com
, retry 1 time(s)

2. Test Email - Result is "Error"

Blat -t ***@mine.com -attach d:\temp\cell.txt -subject
MySubjectName

This are the error i got after I run the "Test Mail"

Sending stdin.txt to ***@mine.com
Subject: MySubjet
Login name is ***@mine.com
unexpected error 10051 from winsock
Error: Can't connect to mailserver (timed out if winsock.dll error
10060)E
Not a socket.

3. I already download the winsock to repair the erro in winsock,
unfortunately I failed to fix the problem

Please Advise..

Thanks
Toberts
--
Homepage:
http://www.blat.net
Tim Musson
2006-02-03 12:29:11 UTC
Hey Toberts,

On Friday, February 3, 2006 at 3:20:37 AM you wrote

b> Any body encounter this error in blat,because i using blat for NNM
b> to send alert to our network admin..... need your help

b> workaround I aldready performed this task

b> 1. Install the blat - Result is "success"

b> ex. C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>blat -install
b> mailsko.mine.com ***@mine.com

b> SMTP server set to mailsko.mine.com on port 25 with user
b> ***@mine.com , retry 1 time(s)

b> 2. Test Email - Result is "Error"

b> Blat -t ***@mine.com -attach d:\temp\cell.txt -subject
b> MySubjectName

b> This are the error i got after I run the "Test Mail"

b> Sending stdin.txt to ***@mine.com
b> Subject: MySubjet
b> Login name is ***@mine.com
b> unexpected error 10051 from winsock
b> Error: Can't connect to mailserver (timed out if winsock.dll error
b> 10060)E
b> Not a socket.

The "Not a socket" and the 10060 error both indicate that the SMTP
host you specified in your install is not listening on TCP/IP port 25.
Which means that there is no SMTP service on that machine (or it is
configured to listen to a different port).

You can check if a host is listening on port 25 using telnet like
described here - http://www.blat.net/examples/telnet25.html

When you post to the list, please include;
The version of Blat you are using,
The command line you used to run Blat (please use -debug),
The output of the -debug command.

Please change any eMail or server addresses - it is never
a good idea to send that information to a public list.

b> 3. I already download the winsock to repair the erro in winsock,
b> unfortunately I failed to fix the problem
--
Tim Musson
Flying with The Bat! eMail v2.12.00
http://www.blat.net