Can BLAT imbed a pdf in the body of an email?
marshalk@koike.com [blat]
2016-12-13 14:09:54 UTC
I want to send a report with a column of dollars in the body of an email, not in an attachment. To make sure the dollars line up in any mail viewer, I think it needs to be a pdf. If the mail viewer uses variable width font, the column will not line up. I don't want to use an attachment because the email will already have one attachment for each line in the report (list of invoices). Any ideas?
'Chip' chip.programmer@att.net [blat]
2016-12-17 18:08:31 UTC
Post by ***@koike.com [blat]
I want to send a report with a column of dollars in the body of an email,
not in an attachment. To make sure the dollars line up in any mail
viewer, I think it needs to be a pdf. If the mail viewer uses variable
width font, the column will not line up. I don't want to use an
attachment because the email will already have one attachment for each
line in the report (list of invoices). Any ideas?
Embedding a PDF is possible, but not what you want. If you can send your
message as HTML, you can use <pre> </pre> around the columnar data to have
it displayed in fixed width font. Using &nbsp; instead of spaces will also
help ensure your data is aligned how you intend. The rest of your message
can be displayed in whichever font your clients choose.