New file uploaded to blat
b***@yahoogroups.com
2002-12-18 20:09:40 UTC
Hello,

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the blat
group.

File : /Unofficial/blat1910.zip
Uploaded by : Harry_el_Fuerte <***@sci.fi>
Description : Blat 1.9.10 unofficial BETA: More memory allocation cleanups (no more malloc, realloc, free, new or delete calls, uses Buf class instead). Next I will test all these changes.

You can access this file at the URL

Regards,

Harry_el_Fuerte <***@sci.fi>

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM
Arthur Donchey
2002-12-19 02:47:19 UTC
You forgot to change the #define VERSION "1.9.10" :)

Arthur Donchey, CISSP

V.P. Griffen & Assoc.
http://www.vpga.com

Skyline Internet Inc.
http://www.skylineinternet.com

a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the blat
group.

File : /Unofficial/blat1910.zip
Uploaded by : Harry_el_Fuerte <***@sci.fi>
Description : Blat 1.9.10 unofficial BETA: More memory allocation
cleanups (no more malloc, realloc, free, new or delete calls, uses Buf class
instead). Next I will test all these changes.

You can access this file at the URL

Regards,

Harry_el_Fuerte <***@sci.fi>

Community email addresses:
Post message: ***@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: blat-***@yahoogroups.com

Shortcut URL to this page:

Harri Pesonen
2002-12-19 18:52:05 UTC
Yeah, but I added real version information to the executable and DLL.

--
Harri Pesonen
http://www.nic.fi/~fuerte/

Arthur Donchey
2002-12-20 00:02:39 UTC
I have been reading this list for a while and have been using blat even
longer. I like blat a lot and use it on many computers, since most of the
computers I manage are physically remote from my location. I use blat to
email daily reports and alerts from all of my servers. Since I am a
programmer I also maintain the source code for my own version of blat. I
have made a couple of additions that I found useful. When ever a new
version emerges I merge it into my code. I have read the discussion about
the Official and Unofficial, but I was wondering how may people maintain
there own version??

Harri Pesonen
2002-12-22 07:11:33 UTC
Why don't you post your additions to the source code? Then I will add it to my version, if you have not done it already.

Arthur Donchey
2002-12-22 20:34:07 UTC
Attached is my blat.cpp file. It is up-to-date to the Unofficial beta
version 1.9.10. My changes have /*$$ASD*/ at the end of each line.

My first change was on the way the program displays its version. I
added the compile date and time to the 'Blat version' line. I also display
that first line whenever the program is run. This was helped me verified
that I was running the most up-to-date version.

My second change was to add the '-ss' parameter. This stands for
suppress Subject'. If the subject is not defined by the '-s' parameter and
the '-ss' parameter is present, then the 'Subject: ' is not added to the
header. This was done because I used blat to send emails to pager/cell
phone. The system would display the subject and/or body on the pager/cell
phone. Even if there was no subject defined (i.e. -s ""), the pager/cell
phone would display 'Subject: ' which added 9 character to the message. If
we would go over 128 characters we would be charged more and just took more
time to scroll down. As a side note we no longer uses thou cell phones, so
I don't use the -ss parameter much.

[...]

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Harri Pesonen
2002-12-22 22:29:37 UTC
Sorry but I didn't get the attachment.
--
Harri Pesonen

Skough Axel U/IT-S
2002-12-23 09:47:59 UTC
Arthur,

The mail directed to the Blat discussion list is stripped from nontext attachments. You must send such attachyments dirrectly to harri, not the list. Use Harri's address as mailto:***@sci.fi then it should work as intended!

Regards,

Axel