"Access is denied." --> Symantec?
alexnguyen@yahoo.com [blat]
2017-11-29 13:35:57 UTC
Hi folks, on a new rig (Win 7-64) I'm getting "Access is denied."

I've put in a ticket to my IT support to get an exception in case it's a Symantec thing, but in the meantime could it be my own user-error in installing/configuring blat itself?

## More info ##
* blat3219
* not sure if there's any other log or research I can do on my own
'Chip' chip.programmer@att.net [blat]
2017-12-01 06:24:18 UTC
Post by ***@yahoo.com [blat]
Hi folks, on a new rig (Win 7-64) I'm getting "Access is denied."
I've put in a ticket to my IT support to get an exception in case it's a
Symantec thing, but in the meantime could it be my own user-error in
installing/configuring blat itself?
## More info ##
* blat3219
* not sure if there's any other log or research I can do on my own
Alex,

The first thing I would check is the firewall settings for whichever
software firewall you are using. Next, if you can either post your Blat
settings, or perhaps email direct to me at home, we may be able to help make
better suggestions. My home email address is ***@att.net.

Chip
alexnguyen@yahoo.com [blat]
2017-12-04 17:16:11 UTC
Thanks for the reply Chip! I think this is probably before any firewall considerations (even though I did check and added a rule).
The error "Access is denied" is happening before I can even run "blat -?" or "blat -install" for example.

There's no configuration to show as I've literally only just downloaded and then immediately got access denied. Maybe it's an OS permissions thing (or Symantec).