Blat version 2.0.0 has been released
2003-06-27 01:40:19 UTC
The final release of Blat v2.0.0 is now
available from http://www.blat.net
(A)bort, (R)etry, (P)retend this never happened...
Blat @ www.blat.net

Looking for the latest Free IT White Papers?
Visit SearchMobileComputing.com to access over 500 white papers.
Get instant access at SearchMobileComputing.com Today
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ZyjvfD/PLNGAA/uitMAA/dkFolB/TM
2003-06-27 01:48:10 UTC
Post by Tim Musson
The final release of Blat v2.0.0 is now
available from http://www.blat.net
One question for anyone using blat.dll from 1.9.11 or before. The previous
version was 128K bytes long. This current version is only 64K because it
included msvcrt.lib in the build process instead of using the default
libraries. Please, shake this out and provide any and all feedback on
whatever you observe, whether it works or does not work.

If you find there are problems with blat.dll v2.0.0, would it be possible to
get the executable you use that depends on blat.dll? That way we can find
and fix whatever problems you see.

If you have downloaded blat.exe 2.0 RC1, please update to this final release
since there are some issues resolved with it.

Thank you all,

blatax
2003-07-01 08:01:49 UTC
Post by Chip
since there are some issues resolved with it.
Thank you all,
Chip
Hi Chip,

I've been using Blat.dll 1.9.4 for a time now without problems.
I use it in an Access XP application.
I've now tried Blat.dll version 2.0.0 and get the following
errormessage in Access XP: 453 Can't find DLL entry point Send in
blat.dll

Below is the code is use with Blat:

Declare Function SendBlat Lib "blat.dll" Alias "Send" (ByVal scmd As
String) As Integer

Public Function SendBlatMail(strCommandline As String) As Boolean
'Return True if succesfull, and false when Blat gives
error
Dim lngMailResult As Long
lngMailResult = SendBlat(strCommandline)
If lngMailResult = 0 Then
SendBlatMail = True
'good
Else
SendBlatMail = False
'bad -
End If
End Function

Example strCommandline:
C:\App\config\Report.txt -t ***@a.nl -f ***@a.com -s "Test Email" -noh2 -
server smtp.a.nl -port 25 -try 3 -log C:\App\system\Emaillog.txt -
attach c:\App\REPORTS\Report.pdf

HTH Bert

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM
2003-07-01 13:13:29 UTC
The next version of Blat.dll will now have the exported Send() function. I
found Toby's source and will incorporate the necessary functionality.

Thank you everyone for persisting.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM
Harri Pesonen
2003-07-07 02:45:00 UTC
Ignore my previous message... :-)
2003-07-07 02:42:04 UTC
I suggested adding the Send function to blat.dll, but apparently nobody has the source code for it?

I could try adding it, it requires just parsing the command line and separating arguments to "argc argv" format.

Rick Nakroshis
2003-06-27 02:50:30 UTC
available from <http://www.blat.net>http://www.blat.net
If you have downloaded blat.exe 2.0 RC1, please update to this final release
since there are some issues resolved with it.
Tim/Chip,

Since SourceForge had both the RC1 as well as the final version named
"BLAT200.ZIP", would it be possible to have a different name for the next
release candidate, as compared to the final name?

Some folks that downloaded the RC1 will have their system say that the file
already exists when they go to download the final version, and they might
not realize that yes, they should overwrite it.

Rick

Looking for the latest Free IT White Papers?
Visit SearchSecurity.com to access over 500 white papers.
Get instant access at SearchSecurity.com Today
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ayjvfD/QLNGAA/uitMAA/dkFolB/TM
2003-06-27 11:13:12 UTC
Hey Rick,

My MUA believes you used QUALCOMM Windows Eudora Version 5.1
to write the following on Thursday, June 26, 2003 at 10:50:30 PM.

RN> Since SourceForge had both the RC1 as well as the final version named
RN> "BLAT200.ZIP", would it be possible to have a different name for the next
RN> release candidate, as compared to the final name?

RN> Some folks that downloaded the RC1 will have their system say that the file
RN> already exists when they go to download the final version, and they might
RN> not realize that yes, they should overwrite it.

Yep, I will not let that happen again. SF.net & software release
management is new to me, and it was my mistake. If we have an RC1, it
will be named blatXXXrc1.zip...

Sorry all!
Flying with The Bat! eMail v1.62q
Windows 2000 5.0.2195 (Service Pack 2)
What does this red button do?

Sensei J. Richard Kirkham B.Sc
2003-06-27 18:45:03 UTC
I'm impressed with the name functions in from and the
log

Thanks everyone for all your hard work

Rick

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Skough Axel U/IT-S
2003-06-27 04:01:22 UTC
Hi Tim,

Nice to see!

I have myself now picked it - I ran the previous official release, 1.9.4 as I do not want to get into trouble with some unofficial and noncompatible versions.

I may congratulate to the promotion as being the official Blat maintenancer!

Best regards,

Axel

(A)bort, (R)etry, (P)retend this never happened...
Blat @ www.blat.net

Community email addresses:
Post message: ***@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: blat-***@yahoogroups.com

Shortcut URL to this page:

2003-06-27 08:10:53 UTC
I don't know if this is appropriate to bring up
publicly or not, but I would like others to know I
don't just take.

Tim I wrote a gui for blat which I use for my
newletter and ebook attachments when I get ebook
orders.

Even with my limited programming skills I believe it's
a good enough program to sell and help keep the three
year old in shoes, but this is just a gui you and
others did all the email program work itself. One way
I thought I might compensate you is if you want to
sign up as my affiliate
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/sellmyebooks
I'll set my own personal orders with your affiliate
link so you'll get 30%

Once again I'm a bit nervous about making this public.
I don't want it to appear as though I am covertly or
even openly advertising in this forum with the
exception of my sig file, but I did want you and
others who contribute to the program to know I'm happy
to help support your efforts anyway that I can
including finacially.

Hope this is taken the right way

Rick

=====
http://kirkhamsebooks.tripod.com/RaisingYourChild_in.html
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/martialarts_ezine.html
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/ebooksvideoscassettes.htm Obesity in Children, Anger Management, Internal Energy Strikes, meditation & More & NOW Raising Your Child to be More Postive and More Confident
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/sellmyebooks
http://kirkhamsmartialarts.tripod.com/qualifications
http://SeriousMartialArtistsOnly.8m.com The Combat Martial Arts Ezine

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Looking for the latest Free IT White Papers?
Visit SearchNetworking.com to access over 500 white papers.
Get instant access at SearchNetworking.com Today
http://us.click.yahoo.com/YyjvfD/OLNGAA/uitMAA/dkFolB/TM
nilpt
2003-06-27 19:09:19 UTC
Post by Tim Musson
The final release of Blat v2.0.0 is now
available from http://www.blat.net
(A)bort, (R)etry, (P)retend this never happened...
Great job, thanks.
Please give me a yEnc enabled exe...

T***@macrosoft.pl
2003-07-01 08:18:32 UTC
I have the sam problem. I look at code and see, that this dll has new
function 'Blat' and parameters: argc and argv. Example how to use this dll
is in file blatdll.bas. But I have other problem - it doesn't work by me!
(blat.exe works correctly).

Tom

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/dkFolB/TM