-body not working
Nat Davis
2005-04-08 19:18:57 UTC
I'm trying to send a message without using a file for the body of the
message. Below is my command line, I just changed the servername and to
and from names to protect the innocent, also the output of the log file
is included.

blat -body "this is my message body" -server myserver -f myself
-subject "my subject" -to myself -debug -log mylog.txt
Blat v2.4 w/GSS encryption (build : Jan 15 2005 08:32:11)

Win32 console utility to send mail via SMTP or post to usenet via NNTP
by
P.Mendes,M.Neal,G.Vollant,T.Charron,T.Musson,H.Pesonen,A.Donchey,C.Hyde
http://www.blat.net
syntax:
Blat <filename> -to <recipient> [optional switches (see below)]
Blat -install <server addr> <sender's addr>
Blat -profile [-delete | "<default>"] [profile1] [profileN] [-q]
Blat -h

2005.04.08 12:11:00 (Fri)------------Start of Session-----------------
Blat v2.4 w/GSS encryption (build : Jan 15 2005 08:32:11)
Blat saw and processed these options, and was confused by the last
one...
this is my message body
Do not understand argument: this is my message body
2005.04.08 12:11:00 (Fri)-------------End of Session------------------

Thanks,
Nat

Marcos
2005-04-08 21:01:03 UTC
Olá Nat,

No dia 8.abr.2005, às 16:18, em relação ao assunto "[blat] -body not working", voce escreveu:

ND> I'm trying to send a message without using a file for the body of the
ND> message. Below is my command line, I just changed the servername and to
ND> and from names to protect the innocent, also the output of the log file
ND> is included.

ND> blat -body "this is my message body" -server myserver -f myself
ND> -subject "my subject" -to myself -debug -log mylog.txt
ND> Blat v2.4 w/GSS encryption (build : Jan 15 2005 08:32:11)
<SNIP>

<filename> : file with the message body to be sent
if your message body is on the command line, use a hyphen (-)
as your first argument, and -body followed by your
message [...]

So in your case: blat - -body "this is my message body" -server myserver -f
myself -subject "my subject" -to myself -debug -log mylog.txt

Note the first - followed by a space ;)
--
Marcos mailto:***@yahoo.com.br

[ The Bat! v.2.04.7 ]
[ Windows 2000 Build 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 ]
Hamilton, Robert L
2005-04-10 21:44:05 UTC
Just a general question: How long can the string in -body be; is there some limit?

This is interesting. . .

bobh

No dia 8.abr.2005, às 16:18, em relação ao assunto "[blat] -body not working", voce escreveu:

ND> I'm trying to send a message without using a file for the body of
ND> the message. Below is my command line, I just changed the servername
ND> and to and from names to protect the innocent, also the output of
ND> the log file is included.

ND> blat -body "this is my message body" -server myserver -f myself
ND> -subject "my subject" -to myself -debug -log mylog.txt Blat v2.4
ND> w/GSS encryption (build : Jan 15 2005 08:32:11)
<SNIP>

<filename> : file with the message body to be sent
if your message body is on the command line, use a hyphen (-)
as your first argument, and -body followed by your
message [...]

So in your case: blat - -body "this is my message body" -server myserver -f myself -subject "my subject" -to myself -debug -log mylog.txt

2005-04-11 00:36:01 UTC
Hey Robert,

On Sunday, April 10, 2005 at 5:44:05 PM you wrote

HRL> Just a general question: How long can the string in -body be; is
HRL> there some limit?

That is based on the Operating System... It really has nothing to do
with Blat.
Flying with The Bat! eMail v2.12.00
My operat~1 system unders~1 long filena~1 , does yours?
Blat Manager, current version is 2.4, see www.blat.net
namtog
2005-04-12 00:01:05 UTC
Post by Hamilton, Robert L
Note the first - followed by a space ;)
--
Greetings,

The confusion over the Blat send string comes up
often on this board. I've hacked up a little
tool that may make things a little easier to
understand. I'm still a little embarrassed about
how much trouble the first hyphen gave me when
I started to work with Blat.

So let me introduce Write It (WI). The online demo is at;
http://wi.namtog.com/
or
http://333-emachine.servemp3.com/cgi-bin/wi.pl

Download WI from;