USe of Wildcards for sending .txt Files
manfred.winter@yahoo.com [blat]
2017-06-03 10:15:46 UTC
Trying to evaluate the use of Blat in order to facilitate the sending of text files, which are generated from another Program. Problem: The Program names the generated Files as results20170602.txt etc. And it seems Blat cant use a Wildcard (i.e. *.txt) as a Parameter.

When trying blat C;\Folder\*.txt i get the following:
unknown error code 123 when trying to open C:\Folder\*.txt

Any idea anybody?
Sorry id the question is stupid, Im no export in command lines ...
'Mike Mattos' mmattos@rogers.com [blat]
2017-06-03 15:32:57 UTC
What launches blat?

From within a script or application can you not collect the fil e names and then write a loop to blat each file?

Mike Mattos

“To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered”

Voltaire

guy.salias.scribere@gmail.com [blat]
2017-06-03 16:04:53 UTC
Your example shows a semicolon (;) in the file path, should be a colon (:). Maybe that is a typographical error in your message or your command line.

Try:
blat -attacht c;\folder\*.txt
'Glenn B. Lawler' gblawler@incodesystems.com [blat]
2017-08-02 19:35:05 UTC
I just used this command line to send 2 text files named 1.txt and 2.txt using wildcards:

blat.exe - -body " " -to {To address here} -f {From address here} -subject "My Subject" -attach *.txt -server {mail server here} -u {user here} -pw {password here}

I use wildcards to send attachments frequently. Sometimes I fill an empty directory with the files to be sent and use -attach *.*