Problems using Blat to mass-post
mkn3106
2003-12-29 13:34:33 UTC
I apologize if a question about this problem has been posted before,
I wasn't able to find it anywhere, so... here it comes:

I have a newsletter in connection with my website, and I would be
pleased to mail the 2500 members at once by using Blat.
The memberlist is saved as a .dat file.
Now my problem is, if I try to post to a list larger than approx 400
e-mailadresses at time, Blat just crashes down and the messages
aren't sent.

I use Blat version 2.2 and the command line I use to send the
messages is:

Blat C:\mail.txt -bf C:\list.dat -s Subject

Anyone, please help me...

Wish u all a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Kind regards

Michael Kjaersgaard
Denmark
http://www.vindenand.dk

mkn3106
2003-12-29 13:32:52 UTC
I apologize if a question about this problem has been posted before,
I wasn't able to find it anywhere, so... here it comes:

I have a newsletter in connection with my website, and I would be
pleased to mail the 2500 members at once by using Blat.
The memberlist is saved as a .dat file.
Now my problem is, if I try to post to a list larger than approx 400
e-mailadresses at time, Blat just crashes down and the messages
aren't sent.

I use Blat version 2.2 and the command line I use to send the
messages is:

Blat C:\mail.txt -bf C:\list.dat -s Subject

Anyone, please help me...

Wish u all a merry christmas and a happy new year.

Regards

Michael Kjaersgaard
Denmark
http://www.vindenand.dk

Rick Nakroshis
2003-12-30 02:30:46 UTC
Post by mkn3106
I have a newsletter in connection with my website, and I would be
pleased to mail the 2500 members at once by using Blat.
The memberlist is saved as a .dat file.
Now my problem is, if I try to post to a list larger than approx 400
e-mailadresses at time, Blat just crashes down and the messages
aren't sent.
I use Blat version 2.2 and the command line I use to send the
Blat C:\mail.txt -bf C:\list.dat -s Subject
Michael,

I'm sure one of our more experienced users will chime in with some helpful
suggestions, but in the meantime, let me make one or two.

Since you're using the latest version, why not try the "-maxnames 100"
option to limit each message to 100 addressee's at a time? If it chokes on
400, perhaps a quarter of that will work for you.

Rick
mkn3106
2003-12-30 16:00:57 UTC
Post by Rick Nakroshis
Since you're using the latest version, why not try the "-maxnames 100"
option to limit each message to 100 addressee's at a time?
That seems to work, thank you very much.
--
Michael
loosegroove2000
2004-01-01 00:26:52 UTC
Michael:

There is actually a bug in Blat 2.2 that caused Blat to crash when the
address list was large like yours is. Chip actually has fixed the
problem in the not yet released version 2.2.1.

Chip - Any word on when this will be released?
--
Bronson C. Elliott
2004-01-01 00:53:20 UTC
Post by loosegroove2000
There is actually a bug in Blat 2.2 that caused Blat to crash when the
address list was large like yours is. Chip actually has fixed the
problem in the not yet released version 2.2.1.
Chip - Any word on when this will be released?
--
Bronson C. Elliott
Although Tim is off to a New Year's Party (who would have guessed?), he sent
a note beforehand to say he hopes to have it posted tomorrow.