All of a sudden something goes wrong ....
manfred.winter@yahoo.com [blat]
2018-11-24 09:54:31 UTC
We are using Blat and Stunnel successfully for over One Year to send automated Emails to customers of our Point Of Sale System BlueBarTender

We store the Sender Credentials in the registry, and evoke blat with Batch Files that are fired by BlueBarTender every hour as well as when the Program finishes up, closes the Day and Prints (as well as stores in .txt format) various reports.
These reports are then sent to the owners by Blat.

All is working well (Ok, receivers on Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail etc. often struggle with the Spam engines, but that's another story ...

At one of our customers, something mysterious must have happened. Within 10 Minutes, and without any changes in the Software, System or elsewhere that we know of, the Emails stopped being sent.

Here is the Log File, first sending was the last successful one, and after that the first one that did not go through:

----- START ------------------18-11-17 03:00:01
RUNDATE: 20181116
WORKDIR: C:\BarTender
BACKDIR: D:\Backup\
VENUEID: Papagayo
PROCTYPE: HOUR
Volume in drive C is OS
Volume Serial Number is CAC7-DCC8

Directory of C:\BarTender\PrintFiles

11/17/2018 03:00 AM 1,842 Print20181116.txt
1 File(s) 1,842 bytes
0 Dir(s) 443,136,802,816 bytes free
1 file(s) moved.

Processing "C:\BarTender\PrintFiles\Blat\Print20181116.txt"
Blat v3.2.17 (build : Aug 10 2016 22:32:21)
32-bit Windows, Full, Unicode

Read 2 TO addresses from C:\BarTender\BlatConfig\recipientsHOUR.txt
Read 0 CC addresses from C:\BarTender\BlatConfig\ccrecipientsHOUR.txt
Read 0 BCC addresses from C:\BarTender\BlatConfig\bccrecipientsHOUR.txt
<<<getline<<< 220-ams201.hawkhost.com ESMTP Exim 4.91 #1 Fri, 16 Nov 2018 21:00:01 +0100
<<<getline<<< 220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
<<<getline<<< 220 and/or bulk e-mail.
putline>>> EHLO papagayo1.bbtthailand.com
<<<getline<<< 250-ams201.xxxxxxxx.com Hello mx-ll-223.204.126-17.dynamic.3bb.co.th [223.204.126.17]
<<<getline<<< 250-SIZE 52428800
<<<getline<<< 250-8BITMIME
<<<getline<<< 250-PIPELINING
<<<getline<<< 250-AUTH PLAIN LOGIN
<<<getline<<< 250 HELP
Sending C:\BarTender\PrintFiles\Blat\Print20181116.txt to ***@gmail.com, ***@hotmail.com
Subject: Papagayo - Hourly sales results from 20181116 (03:00)
Login name is ***@yyyyyyyy.com
Try number 1 of 3.
putline>>> AUTH PLAIN *****
<<<getline<<< 235 Authentication succeeded
<<<getline<<< 250 OK
<<<getline<<< 250 Accepted
<<<getline<<< 250 Accepted
putline>>> DATA
<<<getline<<< 354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
<<<getline<<< 250 OK id=1gNkHb-005yRF-PM
putline>>> QUIT
<<<getline<<< 221 ams201.xxxxxxxx.com closing connection
----- END --------------------18-11-17 03:00:05
----- START ------------------18-11-17 03:11:48
RUNDATE: 20181117
WORKDIR: C:\BarTender
BACKDIR: D:\Backup\
VENUEID: Papagayo
PROCTYPE: EOD
Volume in drive C is OS
Volume Serial Number is CAC7-DCC8

Directory of C:\BarTender\PrintFiles

11/17/2018 03:11 AM 4,141 Print20181117.txt
1 File(s) 4,141 bytes
0 Dir(s) 443,134,840,832 bytes free
1 file(s) moved.

Processing "C:\BarTender\PrintFiles\Blat\Print20181117.txt"
Blat v3.2.17 (build : Aug 10 2016 22:32:21)
32-bit Windows, Full, Unicode

Read 2 TO addresses from C:\BarTender\BlatConfig\recipientsEOD.txt
Read 0 CC addresses from C:\BarTender\BlatConfig\ccrecipientsEOD.txt
Read 0 BCC addresses from C:\BarTender\BlatConfig\bccrecipientsEOD.txt
Error: Server refused connection.
Error: Server refused connection.
Error: Server refused connection.
ERROR: File name (message text) not given or Bad argument given, Unable to open SMTP socket, SMTP get line did not return 220, command unable to write to socket, Server does not like To: address or Mail server error accepting message data.

----- END --------------------18-11-17 03:12:06

At several other customers' installations we are not experiencing this issue. What could go wrong here?
Some entries in the log were edited for privacy reasons.
'Chip' chip.programmer@att.net [blat]
2018-11-24 19:35:23 UTC
Post by ***@yahoo.com [blat]
We are using Blat and Stunnel successfully for over One Year to send automated Emails to customers of our Point Of Sale System BlueBarTender
We store the Sender Credentials in the registry, and evoke blat with Batch Files that are fired by BlueBarTender every hour as well as when the Program finishes up, closes the Day and Prints (as well as stores in .txt format) various reports.
These reports are then sent to the owners by Blat.
All is working well (Ok, receivers on Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail etc. often struggle with the Spam engines, but that's another story ...
At one of our customers, something mysterious must have happened. Within 10 Minutes, and without any changes in the Software, System or elsewhere that we know of, the Emails stopped being sent.
----- START ------------------18-11-17 03:00:01
<snipped>
Post by ***@yahoo.com [blat]
<<<getline<<< 220-ams201.hawkhost.com ESMTP Exim 4.91 #1 Fri, 16 Nov 2018 21:00:01 +0100
<<<getline<<< 220-We do not authorize the use of this system to transport unsolicited,
<<<getline<<< 220 and/or bulk e-mail.
<snipped>
Post by ***@yahoo.com [blat]
----- END --------------------18-11-17 03:00:05
----- START ------------------18-11-17 03:11:48
<snipped>
Post by ***@yahoo.com [blat]
Error: Server refused connection.
Error: Server refused connection.
Error: Server refused connection.
ERROR: File name (message text) not given or Bad argument given, Unable to open SMTP socket, SMTP get line did not return 220, command unable to write to socket, Server does not like To: address or Mail server error accepting message data.
At several other customers' installations we are not experiencing this issue. What could go wrong here?
Some entries in the log were edited for privacy reasons.
There is an 11 minute pause between when Blat was successful, and when Blat fails. This is good in that Blat is not trying to overload the server. However, is it possible that the sending email account was flagged as sending spam during that 11 minute break?

The above log is from seven days ago, does that location continue to have problems sending emails? Is it having trouble sending some emails, all emails, or does this problem happen infrequently? For clarification, this location is the only one that is experiencing problems?