sending text message by SMS
iitikarai iitikarai@gmail.com [blat]
2018-10-04 00:37:24 UTC
All,
Thank you very much for all the suggestions.
I tried the suggestion by Bruce using the https link provided by Mike to install IFTTT. It tried it for my cell phone and it worked fine. I noticed two things.
1. Please confirm if the message recipients would be required to install IFTTT On their cell phones?
2. The SMS message will only be forwarded to cell phone number after receipt of the email. Could you confirm this?
My initial thinking was to send the Alert Notification as SMS to the cell phone number from the start, meaning the cell numbers must be in the list of recipients.
The suggestion of using ***@txt.bell.ca (where the 'x'es are my 7 digit cell phone number) which can be included in the recipients list seems very logical. So the alert notification would be received as SMS??? I will enquire with my service provider about this and tell the outcome story later.
Thank you.
Ima.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note5 on the Telstra Mobile network-------- Original message --------From: "'Mike Mattos' ***@rogers.com [blat]" <***@yahoogroups.com> Date: 10/09/2018 10:12 pm (GMT+10:00) To: ***@yahoogroups.com Subject: RE: [blat] sending text message by SMS

If your recipients use gmail, Bruce’s suggestion is a great idea.  This link tells how to get phone alerts for SOME email, using text messaging! https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/v9-fEI0PYQ4 It avoids email to SMS by accessing gmail and using SMS to alert. Mike   From: ***@yahoogroups.com [mailto:***@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: September 9, 2018 2:12 PM
To: ***@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [blat] sending text message by SMS   Your email users may have an option of forwarding select messages to their phones by identifying the sending email address This bypasses any spam concerns as the email user determines which email source to allow to go to their phone.

I have advised my clients and business associates to utilize this option due to security concerns, phone carrier restrictions, etc.
All the best
Bruce