Discussion:
Blat v2.6.1 released
(too old to reply)
Tim Musson
2006-11-19 22:16:04 UTC
Permalink
Blat v2.6.1 has now been posted to the web at the normal download
place. Thanks to Chip for all the work in updating things!

============================
[ Blat ChangeLog Legend: ]
[ + Added feature ]
[ * Improved/changed feature ]
[ - Bug fixed (we hope) ]
============================

2.6.1
I started to make changes to support Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. The
changes are to define some global compile time switches so I won't have to
make source level changes. The code still builds from Visual Studio 6.0 and
Visual Studio .Net.
[+] When the user requests authentication, if that authentication fails for
CRAM-MD5, try to use AUTH PLAIN. If authentication fails for AUTH PLAIN,
try using AUTH LOGIN. I do not check if the server supports AUTH LOGIN,
just try it anyway if earlier authentication methods do not work. This was
done to get around bugs in servers that advertise CRAM-MD5 but do not
support it correctly.
[-] Encoding of headers for non-USASCII values has changed so client programs
can interpret the headers correctly. This has been tested with Outlook
Express, and Blat's output has itself been compared to the output from OE.
[-] The change I made for 2.6.0 to open files with the Microsoft recommended
32-bit API call does not work for Windows 98/ME. Its been reported that
this change failed to open files under Win2000, also, although I have not
experienced any problems with my Win2000 on my office laptop. This version
will use the old 16-bit type Windows function call for Windows versions up
to and including Win2000, but use the recommended 32-bit call for Windows
XP and beyond.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.6
[+] support for XTND XMIT command for Eudora users. This is a shortcut to use
a POP3 server as an SMTP server. The non-standard option was created as an
extension for the Unix Popper server. Without this command support, users
are unable to use SMTP with their ISP's Popper server. -B recipients are
put into a Bcc: header line so the Popper server software knows how to send
messages to those recipients since the server does not support the RCPT TO:
SMTP command. The command line option is -xtndxmit.
[+] support IMAP before SMTP, similar to POP3 before SMTP.
[+] add support for message sensitivity using the Sensitivity: header. The
command line option is -sensitivity=x where x is 0 for personal, 1 for
private, and 2 is for company confidential.
[+] add Priority: and Importance: headers for Lotus Notes users.
[+] add the CPU clock count (rdtsc) to the Message Id: header value. This is
useful in cases where multiple copies of Blat are running. Nothing is
foolproof, but this is better than before, for making unique message id
values.
[*] added Reply To: header when the -reply option is used with the -i option.
[*] moved the cram-md5 support to its own function so it can be called for
IMAP login as well as SMTP login.
[*] server responses are recognized faster, almost instantly now, which means
email is sent quicket.
[-] fix the makefile for md5.obj, to put it into the correct directory.
[-] clear the socket handle when the connection is closed. This will allow
Blat to open a new connection instead of trying to reuse a closed/old
socket connection.
[-] fix the -install option to accept normal command options to specify the
server, from address, etc. For example:
blat -install -server smtp.example.com -f ***@mozilla -u abc -pw xyz
[-] fix Unicode support.

--
Tim Musson
Flying with The Bat! eMail v3.85.03
I smile! because I don't know what the hell is going on.
Blat Manager, current version is 2.6.1, see www.blat.net
namtog
2006-11-20 13:04:21 UTC
Permalink
Greetings,

Congrat's on the new Blat 2.61. It should
make marc_f68 happy. He raised the accent e
issue in his message " Subject field & French
accent" number 8962.

I tried both of the examples he gave;

"Toute l'actualité des festivals cet été dans
le Journal de la Culture"

and

"test début début début information début"

the subjects came through with the correct spacing.

>From the change log;
"[-] Encoding of headers for non-USASCII values
has changed so client programs can interpret the
headers correctly."

Well done Chip.

Then the change log states;
"This has been tested with Outlook Express,..."

I tested this on Yahoo Email.
http://www.yahoo.com/

It was a magic fix. The file;

bldhdrs.cpp

in the source was changed to;

BLDHDRS.CPP

Capitalization of one file name goes a long way! :)

Later on I'm going to do a file comparison,
unless Chip would like to save me the bother
and post the actual code changes.

For now I will be popping Blat 2.6.1 in my
stuff and see if anything breaks.


Namtog
marc_f68
2006-11-20 17:22:44 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

I tried the new version, it's a real success for the accent but ....

But i detected something strange i use the following syntax with the
dll, use the Send function
c:\temp_app\mail_text.txt -tf c:\temp_app\destinataire.dat -sf
c:\temp_app\mail_subject.txt -f "mymail" -server myserver

I use file for text, to, subject....
When i send once it's ok, but if i send twice, the mail_text.txt file
is locked by blat and not released until i leave the application !

I think there is a small regression here, so i can't use it right now !



--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "namtog" <***@...> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> Congrat's on the new Blat 2.61. It should
> make marc_f68 happy. He raised the accent e
> issue in his message " Subject field & French
> accent" number 8962.
>
> I tried both of the examples he gave;
>
> "Toute l'actualité des festivals cet été dans
> le Journal de la Culture"
>
> and
>
> "test début début début information début"
>
> the subjects came through with the correct spacing.
>
> From the change log;
> "[-] Encoding of headers for non-USASCII values
> has changed so client programs can interpret the
> headers correctly."
>
> Well done Chip.
>
> Then the change log states;
> "This has been tested with Outlook Express,..."
>
> I tested this on Yahoo Email.
> http://www.yahoo.com/
>
> It was a magic fix. The file;
>
> bldhdrs.cpp
>
> in the source was changed to;
>
> BLDHDRS.CPP
>
> Capitalization of one file name goes a long way! :)
>
> Later on I'm going to do a file comparison,
> unless Chip would like to save me the bother
> and post the actual code changes.
>
> For now I will be popping Blat 2.6.1 in my
> stuff and see if anything breaks.
>
>
> Namtog
>
c***@att.net
2006-11-21 20:46:19 UTC
Permalink
> I use file for text, to, subject....
> When i send once it's ok, but if i send twice, the mail_text.txt file
> is locked by blat and not released until i leave the application !
>
> I think there is a small regression here, so i can't use it right now !

Which version of Windows are you using, and which service pack do you have installed?

Chip
marc_f68
2006-11-22 11:28:27 UTC
Permalink
i'm on "MicrosSoft Windows XP Professionnel Version 2002" - Service
Pack 2.

--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, ***@... wrote:
>
> > I use file for text, to, subject....
> > When i send once it's ok, but if i send twice, the mail_text.txt file
> > is locked by blat and not released until i leave the application !
> >
> > I think there is a small regression here, so i can't use it right
now !
>
> Which version of Windows are you using, and which service pack do
you have installed?
>
> Chip
>
Chip
2006-11-22 13:42:55 UTC
Permalink
Marc wrote:

> i'm on "MicrosSoft Windows XP Professionnel Version 2002" - Service
Pack 2.

So am I. Using the .exe, I do not have any locked file issues with Blat.
Are you running an application that uses the .dll?

I modified blat.cpp to tell me the Windows version (GetVersion()), which is
needed to decide how to open the message file, what Blat reported is version
0A280105. This value then tells Blat to use the CreateFile() function call
that I used with version 2.6.0. If you use version 2.6.0, do you also have
file locking issues?

Chip
namtog
2006-11-22 14:33:28 UTC
Permalink
Greetings,

Clever Chip wrote;
"Are you running an application that uses
the .dll?"

Which brings me to the question, anyone
know of a simple app that is suitable for
testing the Blat DLL?

Preferably one that is freeware. Google
is not my friend in this case.

Namtog
marc_f68
2006-11-22 15:04:30 UTC
Permalink
yes i run an app that uses the '.dll'

I try the 2.6.0 and i tell you the result found !

--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "namtog" <***@...> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> Clever Chip wrote;
> "Are you running an application that uses
> the .dll?"
>
> Which brings me to the question, anyone
> know of a simple app that is suitable for
> testing the Blat DLL?
>
> Preferably one that is freeware. Google
> is not my friend in this case.
>
> Namtog
>
thomas_beutlich
2006-12-02 14:27:39 UTC
Permalink
> > Which brings me to the question, anyone
> > know of a simple app that is suitable for
> > testing the Blat DLL?

Check the simple blat front end from
http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/blatwcx.html. You can use any
blat.dll there.

Regards,
Thomas

--
http://tbeu.totalcmd.net
Chip
2006-11-22 15:06:46 UTC
Permalink
Simple application? ;)

Since attachments aren't allowed, here is a C file that you can compile and
test.

Chip
====================

#include <windows.h>
#include <stdio.h>

#ifdef WIN32
#define __far far
#define huge far
#define __near near
#endif

HMODULE blat_lib = 0;

int (FAR PASCAL *blat_send) (char FAR *);


// loads the BLAT DLL file
int __cdecl load_blat()
{
blat_lib = LoadLibrary("blat.dll");
if ( blat_lib == NULL )
{
printf("Could not load BLAT.DLL\nInstall this in your path.");
return(-1);
}

blat_send = (int (FAR PASCAL *)(char FAR *))GetProcAddress(blat_lib,
"Send");
if ( blat_send == NULL )
{
printf("couldn't getprocaddress for blat_send\n");
return(-1);
}
return(0);
}


int __cdecl main( int argc, /* Number of strings in array argv */
char **argv, /* Array of command-line argument strings */
char **envp ) /* Array of environment variable strings */
{
int retval;

argc = argc;
argv = argv;
envp = envp;

retval = load_blat();
if ( retval )
return( retval );

/*
SetEnvironmentVariable("REQUEST_METHOD", "GET");
SetEnvironmentVariable("QUERY_STRING", "D:\\wave.htm " \
"s \"testing blat.dll\" " \
"p attmail " \
"t myself " \
"alttextf D:\\wave.txt " \
"blat_attach \"d:\\blatdll\\blatdll.cpp\" " \
"superdebugt " \
"noh2 " \
"log \"C:\\smtp.log\"");
*/
retval = blat_send("D:\\wave.htm " \
"s \"testing blat.dll\" " \
"p attmail " \
"t myself " \
"alttextf D:\\wave.txt " \
"blat_attach \"d:\\blatdll\\blatdll.cpp\" " \
"superdebugt " \
"noh2 " \
"log \"C:\\smtp.log\"");

(void)FreeLibrary( blat_lib );
return(retval);
}
marc_f68
2006-11-24 17:48:03 UTC
Permalink
Sry, but i have no C compiler, i can't test it.

But i'm sure the 2.5.0 version wasn't locking the textfile after Send
function.


--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "Chip" <***@...> wrote:
>
> Simple application? ;)
>
> Since attachments aren't allowed, here is a C file that you can
compile and
> test.
>
> Chip
> ====================
>
> #include <windows.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
>
> #ifdef WIN32
> #define __far far
> #define huge far
> #define __near near
> #endif
>
> HMODULE blat_lib = 0;
>
> int (FAR PASCAL *blat_send) (char FAR *);
>
>
> // loads the BLAT DLL file
> int __cdecl load_blat()
> {
> blat_lib = LoadLibrary("blat.dll");
> if ( blat_lib == NULL )
> {
> printf("Could not load BLAT.DLL\nInstall this in your path.");
> return(-1);
> }
>
> blat_send = (int (FAR PASCAL *)(char FAR
*))GetProcAddress(blat_lib,
> "Send");
> if ( blat_send == NULL )
> {
> printf("couldn't getprocaddress for blat_send\n");
> return(-1);
> }
> return(0);
> }
>
>
> int __cdecl main( int argc, /* Number of strings in array argv
*/
> char **argv, /* Array of command-line argument
strings */
> char **envp ) /* Array of environment variable
strings */
> {
> int retval;
>
> argc = argc;
> argv = argv;
> envp = envp;
>
> retval = load_blat();
> if ( retval )
> return( retval );
>
> /*
> SetEnvironmentVariable("REQUEST_METHOD", "GET");
> SetEnvironmentVariable("QUERY_STRING", "D:\\wave.htm " \
> "s \"testing blat.dll\" " \
> "p attmail " \
> "t myself " \
> "alttextf D:\\wave.txt " \
> "blat_attach \"d:\\blatdll\\blatdll.cpp\" " \
> "superdebugt " \
> "noh2 " \
> "log \"C:\\smtp.log\"");
> */
> retval = blat_send("D:\\wave.htm " \
> "s \"testing blat.dll\" " \
> "p attmail " \
> "t myself " \
> "alttextf D:\\wave.txt " \
> "blat_attach \"d:\\blatdll\\blatdll.cpp\" " \
> "superdebugt " \
> "noh2 " \
> "log \"C:\\smtp.log\"");
>
> (void)FreeLibrary( blat_lib );
> return(retval);
> }
>
Tim Musson
2006-11-22 17:22:25 UTC
Permalink
Hey namtog,

On Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 9:33:28 AM you wrote

n> Which brings me to the question, anyone
n> know of a simple app that is suitable for
n> testing the Blat DLL?

n> Preferably one that is freeware. Google
n> is not my friend in this case.

I recall looking around for something like that wayyyy back when.
Check the groups archives... I seem to recall there is something in a
standard MS install that will let you command line run a dll.

--
Tim Musson
Flying with The Bat! eMail v3.85.03
So many cats, so few recipes.
Blat Manager, current version is 2.6.1, see www.blat.net
namtog
2006-11-22 19:15:00 UTC
Permalink
Greetings Tim,

I checked here;
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/blat/files/
and mostly it's the junk I post. Couldn't find
anything to call the Blat DLL.

Take a break, eat some memory food, and give
me a few more hints.

Namtog
namtog
2006-11-22 19:11:00 UTC
Permalink
Greetings Chip,


I named your script dll_test.c

I changed the files wave.htm and wave.txt
to files and locations on my system, All
now on C:.

Then I removed;
"p attmail " \
guessing my default would do.

It compiles without error or warning.

Trouble is all I get is the Blat splash screen;

C:\apache\blat\blat_test_DLL>dll_test.exe
Blat v2.6.1 w/GSS encryption (build : Nov 18 2006 12:00:18)


Win32 console utility to send mail via SMTP or post to usenet via NNTP
by P.Mendes,M.Neal,G.Vollant,T.Charron,T.Musson,H.Pesonen,A.Donchey,C.Hyde
http://www.blat.net
syntax:
Blat <filename> -to <recipient> [optional switches (see below)]
Blat -install <server addr> <sender's addr>
[<try>[<port>[<profile>]]] [-q]
Blat -profile [-delete | "<default>"] [profile1] [profileN] [-q]
Blat -h


So I tried entering;

dll_test.exe send

at the prompt. Same thing. The splash screen.

Did I miss something?

Namtog
namtog
2006-11-22 19:30:15 UTC
Permalink
Greetings Tim

Tim wrote;
"I seem to recall there is something in a
standard MS install that will let you command
line run a dll."


Do you mean rundll32.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/164787
I could never get that to work with Blat.
Always get the error;
"missing entry point"

Do you know the secret word?

Namtog
Tim Musson
2006-11-22 22:09:52 UTC
Permalink
Hey namtog,

On Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 2:30:15 PM you wrote

n> Do you mean rundll32.exe
n> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/164787
n> I could never get that to work with Blat.
n> Always get the error;
n> "missing entry point"

Yep, that was what I was thinking about.

n> Do you know the secret word?

Nope, and I searched everywhere on my disks too. Looks like EntryPoint
is not coded into the DLL. Looking at the links about rundll on the MS
pages I am not sure it would work anyway.

--
Tim Musson
Flying with The Bat! eMail v3.85.03
Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it!
Blat Manager, current version is 2.6.1, see www.blat.net
marc_f68
2006-11-23 11:12:41 UTC
Permalink
Here is what i use with my dev.tool (Centura)

Function: Send
Return number: INT
Parameter String: LPSTR

hope it helps


--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, Tim Musson <***@...> wrote:
>
> Hey namtog,
>
> On Wednesday, November 22, 2006 at 2:30:15 PM you wrote
>
> n> Do you mean rundll32.exe
> n> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/164787
> n> I could never get that to work with Blat.
> n> Always get the error;
> n> "missing entry point"
>
> Yep, that was what I was thinking about.
>
> n> Do you know the secret word?
>
> Nope, and I searched everywhere on my disks too. Looks like EntryPoint
> is not coded into the DLL. Looking at the links about rundll on the MS
> pages I am not sure it would work anyway.
>
> --
> Tim Musson
> Flying with The Bat! eMail v3.85.03
> Being "over the hill" is much better than being under it!
> Blat Manager, current version is 2.6.1, see www.blat.net
>
Kai
2006-11-23 18:17:55 UTC
Permalink
--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "namtog" <***@...> wrote:

>It compiles without error or warning.
>
>Trouble is all I get is the Blat splash screen;
>
>Did I miss something?

I wonder why there are no option dashes in Chip's example
source. I thought they were needed.

The following Perl script runs flawlessly for me
,---
use strict;
use warnings;

use Win32::API;

my $blat_send = new Win32::API('blat', 'Send', 'P', 'I')
or die "Can't import 'Send' from blat: $!\n";

my $cmd = join(' ',
'C:\test.txt',
'-s "testing blat.dll"',
'-t myself',
'-attach "d:\installer.txt"',
'-superdebugt',
'-log "C:\smtp.log"',
);

my $retval = $blat_send->Call($cmd);

print "Test returns: <$retval>\n";
`---

I never used the dll of blat before. Did not even
have it on my PC here. Downloaded it and put it in the
same directory where I executed my script.

,---
E:\Benutzer\Kai\perl>btest
Checking option -log
Blat v2.6.1 w/GSS encryption (build : Nov 18 2006 12:00:18)

Checking option -s
Checking option -t
Checking option -attach
Test returns: <0>

E:\Benutzer\Kai\perl>
`---

HTH
--
Kai
namtog
2006-11-23 19:05:46 UTC
Permalink
Greetings,

I got Chips example to work. Naturally enough
I wasn't happy with the way it works. So I changed
it. Now instead of hard coding in all of the Blat
options and values you place them in the file of.txt.

The source file test.c has been complied to test.exe.

To use test.exe either double click on it or run the
word test from the command prompt.

You can download the complete example including the
source (test.c), instructions (readme.txt), the file
of.txt (enter your info), Blat DLL 2.6.1 and a
compiled executable (test.exe) from;

http://333-emachine.servemp3.com/html/download/blat_dll_test.zip

Or from;

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/blat/files/Other/

So now we are back to the issue raised by marc_f68
in message 9114;
"I use file for text, to, subject....
When i send once it's ok, but if i send twice, the
mail_text.txt file is locked by blat and not
released until i leave the application !"

I tried a number of different approaches and could
not duplicate your issue. Not to say you aren't
experiencing it, just that nothing I tried would
lock a file so the Blat DLL couldn't read it.

Namtog
marc_f68
2006-11-27 17:39:05 UTC
Permalink
Hi,

I see your test, but it's not how i use it.
Let me explain.

you run an EXE file twice, but in this way the EXE quits and release
all currents locks.

My App is still running when try to send another mail.
For example, in the same exe file :
1. build your textfile called myfile.txt
2. send it with dll blat
3. rebuild the same myfile.txt (the probleme is here)
i can't recreate this file, cause it's still locked by the point 2
4. try to re-send it

i hope it helps in your tests!

== Marc ==

--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "namtog" <***@...> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I got Chips example to work. Naturally enough
> I wasn't happy with the way it works. So I changed
> it. Now instead of hard coding in all of the Blat
> options and values you place them in the file of.txt.
>
> The source file test.c has been complied to test.exe.
>
> To use test.exe either double click on it or run the
> word test from the command prompt.
>
> You can download the complete example including the
> source (test.c), instructions (readme.txt), the file
> of.txt (enter your info), Blat DLL 2.6.1 and a
> compiled executable (test.exe) from;
>
> http://333-emachine.servemp3.com/html/download/blat_dll_test.zip
>
> Or from;
>
> http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/blat/files/Other/
>
> So now we are back to the issue raised by marc_f68
> in message 9114;
> "I use file for text, to, subject....
> When i send once it's ok, but if i send twice, the
> mail_text.txt file is locked by blat and not
> released until i leave the application !"
>
> I tried a number of different approaches and could
> not duplicate your issue. Not to say you aren't
> experiencing it, just that nothing I tried would
> lock a file so the Blat DLL couldn't read it.
>
> Namtog
>
Chip
2006-11-28 03:48:28 UTC
Permalink
Have you tried the DLL I made available to you? Does it now work, or do you still have file lock issues?

Chip


----- Original Message -----
From: marc_f68
To: ***@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 12:39 PM
Subject: [blat] Re: Blat v2.6.1 released


Hi,

I see your test, but it's not how i use it.
Let me explain.

you run an EXE file twice, but in this way the EXE quits and release
all currents locks.

My App is still running when try to send another mail.
For example, in the same exe file :
1. build your textfile called myfile.txt
2. send it with dll blat
3. rebuild the same myfile.txt (the probleme is here)
i can't recreate this file, cause it's still locked by the point 2
4. try to re-send it

i hope it helps in your tests!

== Marc ==

--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "namtog" <***@...> wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I got Chips example to work. Naturally enough
> I wasn't happy with the way it works. So I changed
> it. Now instead of hard coding in all of the Blat
> options and values you place them in the file of.txt.
>
> The source file test.c has been complied to test.exe.
>
> To use test.exe either double click on it or run the
> word test from the command prompt.
>
> You can download the complete example including the
> source (test.c), instructions (readme.txt), the file
> of.txt (enter your info), Blat DLL 2.6.1 and a
> compiled executable (test.exe) from;
>
> http://333-emachine.servemp3.com/html/download/blat_dll_test.zip
>
> Or from;
>
> http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/blat/files/Other/
>
> So now we are back to the issue raised by marc_f68
> in message 9114;
> "I use file for text, to, subject....
> When i send once it's ok, but if i send twice, the
> mail_text.txt file is locked by blat and not
> released until i leave the application !"
>
> I tried a number of different approaches and could
> not duplicate your issue. Not to say you aren't
> experiencing it, just that nothing I tried would
> lock a file so the Blat DLL couldn't read it.
>
> Namtog
>





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
marc_f68
2006-11-28 18:10:11 UTC
Permalink
i copied your DLL in my directory and tried it, but i have the same
reuslt, can't create in the same thread the same file twice.
I have permission denied => locked file.

i took DLL below the ZIp file
http://333-emachine.servemp3.com/html/download/blat_dll_test.zip

sry about that

--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "Chip" <***@...> wrote:
>
> Have you tried the DLL I made available to you? Does it now work,
or do you still have file lock issues?
>
> Chip
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: marc_f68
> To: ***@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Monday, November 27, 2006 12:39 PM
> Subject: [blat] Re: Blat v2.6.1 released
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I see your test, but it's not how i use it.
> Let me explain.
>
> you run an EXE file twice, but in this way the EXE quits and release
> all currents locks.
>
> My App is still running when try to send another mail.
> For example, in the same exe file :
> 1. build your textfile called myfile.txt
> 2. send it with dll blat
> 3. rebuild the same myfile.txt (the probleme is here)
> i can't recreate this file, cause it's still locked by the point 2
> 4. try to re-send it
>
> i hope it helps in your tests!
>
> == Marc ==
>
> --- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "namtog" <namtog@> wrote:
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I got Chips example to work. Naturally enough
> > I wasn't happy with the way it works. So I changed
> > it. Now instead of hard coding in all of the Blat
> > options and values you place them in the file of.txt.
> >
> > The source file test.c has been complied to test.exe.
> >
> > To use test.exe either double click on it or run the
> > word test from the command prompt.
> >
> > You can download the complete example including the
> > source (test.c), instructions (readme.txt), the file
> > of.txt (enter your info), Blat DLL 2.6.1 and a
> > compiled executable (test.exe) from;
> >
> > http://333-emachine.servemp3.com/html/download/blat_dll_test.zip
> >
> > Or from;
> >
> > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/blat/files/Other/
> >
> > So now we are back to the issue raised by marc_f68
> > in message 9114;
> > "I use file for text, to, subject....
> > When i send once it's ok, but if i send twice, the
> > mail_text.txt file is locked by blat and not
> > released until i leave the application !"
> >
> > I tried a number of different approaches and could
> > not duplicate your issue. Not to say you aren't
> > experiencing it, just that nothing I tried would
> > lock a file so the Blat DLL couldn't read it.
> >
> > Namtog
> >
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
namtog
2006-11-28 22:40:29 UTC
Permalink
Greetings,

My how this thread is getting messy. Kai has
massive time lags. Marc_f68 is confusing my post's
with Chip's. We need a editor!

Any way I can now also confirm the file locking
problem with Blat DLL 2.6.1 So we now know that
this issue is not limited to Marc_f68's program
or a anomaly of Perl, Kai's example.

I modified Chip's test script written in C to
send one email, then append the body (body.txt)
and send it again. Works sweet with the 2.50
version. Locks the body file and then crashes with
2.6.1

You can down load this new test form;
http://333-emachine.servemp3.com/html/download/2nd_Blat_DLL_test.zip


Below is part of the readme file included in
the download.

*************************************************
The first folder, test, will send a single
email (test.exe) for both Blat DLL 2.50 and Blat DLL 2.61
The subject will be;
"Blat DLL test single file"

The body will read;
"This is test send only one email body file."

Both DLL's are included in the folder. They work as expected.
*************************************************

The test2blat DLL 2.50 folder (test2.exe) will send two email's
with the subject;
"Blat DLL test with 2.50"

The first body will read;
"This is blat DLL 2.50 two body file test."

The body of the second email will read;
"This is blat DLL 2.50 two body file test.
This is just a write example :)"

Notice that the file body.txt has been rewritten,
specifically appended to with the phrase;
"This is just a write example :)"

**************************************************
The test2blat DLL 2.6.1 folder (test2.exe) will send one email
with the subject;
"Blat DLL test 2.6.1 test"

The body will read;
"This is blat DLL 2.50 two body file test."

Then it will crash. If you check the file body.txt you will
see that it is not appended.
*************************************************

The executable test2.exe is the same in both examples.
Check the source and see for yourself, I wouldn't take
my word for it.

Namtog
Kai
2006-11-28 07:09:56 UTC
Permalink
technical note: I'm sorry, but this a repost over the YGB-website of a
mail I sent yesterday to the list. As this mail isn't appearing on the
list by now, I fear it has the same problem as my previous mail
(#9162) which I reposted after 17 hours (#9156), but which finally did
also come through after 3 more days. huh!?

Anyway, here we go...

"marc_f68" <***@...> wrote:
>
>My App is still running when try to send another mail.
>For example, in the same exe file :
>1. build your textfile called myfile.txt
>2. send it with dll blat
>3. rebuild the same myfile.txt (the probleme is here)
> i can't recreate this file, cause it's still locked by the point 2
>4. try to re-send it
>

Somewhat like this, i presume:

,------
use strict;
use warnings;

use Win32::API;

my $blat_send = new Win32::API('blat', 'Send', 'P', 'I')
or die "Can't import 'Send' from blat: $!\n";

my $file = 'C:\test.txt';

my $cmd = join(' ',
$file,
'-s "testing blat.dll"',
'-t myself',
'-attach "c:\installer.txt"',
'-superdebugt',
'-log "C:\smtp.log"',
);

my $i = 2;
LOOP: {
my $retval = $blat_send->Call($cmd);

print "Test $i returns: <$retval>\n";

last unless --$i;

open (my $fh, '>', $file) or die "Cannot write to $file : $!\n";
print $fh "This is $i\n";
close $fh;
redo;
}
`------

Which yields on being run as btest.pl:

,------
E:\Benutzer\Kai\perl>btest
Checking option -log
Blat v2.6.1 w/GSS encryption (build : Nov 18 2006 12:00:18)

Checking option -s
Checking option -t
Checking option -attach
Test 2 returns: <0>
Cannot write to C:\test.txt : Permission denied

E:\Benutzer\Kai\perl>
`------

While the exact same test with the V2.5.0 blat.dll runs
fine, exactly as described by marc.
--
Kai
marc_f68
2006-11-28 18:03:29 UTC
Permalink
thank kai for your test, now we need to wait for a new fix
:)

--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "Kai" <***@...> wrote:
>
> technical note: I'm sorry, but this a repost over the YGB-website of a
> mail I sent yesterday to the list. As this mail isn't appearing on the
> list by now, I fear it has the same problem as my previous mail
> (#9162) which I reposted after 17 hours (#9156), but which finally did
> also come through after 3 more days. huh!?
>
> Anyway, here we go...
>
> "marc_f68" <marc_f68@> wrote:
> >
> >My App is still running when try to send another mail.
> >For example, in the same exe file :
> >1. build your textfile called myfile.txt
> >2. send it with dll blat
> >3. rebuild the same myfile.txt (the probleme is here)
> > i can't recreate this file, cause it's still locked by the point 2
> >4. try to re-send it
> >
>
> Somewhat like this, i presume:
>
> ,------
> use strict;
> use warnings;
>
> use Win32::API;
>
> my $blat_send = new Win32::API('blat', 'Send', 'P', 'I')
> or die "Can't import 'Send' from blat: $!\n";
>
> my $file = 'C:\test.txt';
>
> my $cmd = join(' ',
> $file,
> '-s "testing blat.dll"',
> '-t myself',
> '-attach "c:\installer.txt"',
> '-superdebugt',
> '-log "C:\smtp.log"',
> );
>
> my $i = 2;
> LOOP: {
> my $retval = $blat_send->Call($cmd);
>
> print "Test $i returns: <$retval>\n";
>
> last unless --$i;
>
> open (my $fh, '>', $file) or die "Cannot write to $file : $!\n";
> print $fh "This is $i\n";
> close $fh;
> redo;
> }
> `------
>
> Which yields on being run as btest.pl:
>
> ,------
> E:\Benutzer\Kai\perl>btest
> Checking option -log
> Blat v2.6.1 w/GSS encryption (build : Nov 18 2006 12:00:18)
>
> Checking option -s
> Checking option -t
> Checking option -attach
> Test 2 returns: <0>
> Cannot write to C:\test.txt : Permission denied
>
> E:\Benutzer\Kai\perl>
> `------
>
> While the exact same test with the V2.5.0 blat.dll runs
> fine, exactly as described by marc.
> --
> Kai
>
marc_f68
2006-11-22 15:06:30 UTC
Permalink
ok , but where can i find the 2.6.0 dll version ? Not on SourceForge !

--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "Chip" <***@...> wrote:
>
> Marc wrote:
>
> > i'm on "MicrosSoft Windows XP Professionnel Version 2002" - Service
> Pack 2.
>
> So am I. Using the .exe, I do not have any locked file issues with
Blat.
> Are you running an application that uses the .dll?
>
> I modified blat.cpp to tell me the Windows version (GetVersion()),
which is
> needed to decide how to open the message file, what Blat reported is
version
> 0A280105. This value then tells Blat to use the CreateFile()
function call
> that I used with version 2.6.0. If you use version 2.6.0, do you
also have
> file locking issues?
>
> Chip
>
thomas_beutlich
2006-12-02 14:31:34 UTC
Permalink
Hi Chip,

you call CreateFile in blat.cpp without releasing the file handle in
case of success. That's why the message body file gets locked. Same
applies for open file.

Regards,
Thomas

--
http://tbeu.totalcmd.net


--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "Chip" <***@...> wrote:
>
> Marc wrote:
>
> > i'm on "MicrosSoft Windows XP Professionnel Version 2002" - Service
> Pack 2.
>
> So am I. Using the .exe, I do not have any locked file issues with
Blat.
> Are you running an application that uses the .dll?
>
> I modified blat.cpp to tell me the Windows version (GetVersion()),
which is
> needed to decide how to open the message file, what Blat reported is
version
> 0A280105. This value then tells Blat to use the CreateFile()
function call
> that I used with version 2.6.0. If you use version 2.6.0, do you
also have
> file locking issues?
>
> Chip
>
Chip
2006-12-03 03:59:13 UTC
Permalink
> Hi Chip,
>
> you call CreateFile in blat.cpp without releasing the file handle in case
> of success. That's why the message body file gets locked. Same applies for
> open file.
>
> Regards,
> Thomas


I tried that, but the testers reported the file remained locked.

As for OpenFile(), I do call CloseHandle() for each instance.
thomas_beutlich
2006-12-04 12:15:51 UTC
Permalink
--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "Chip" <***@...> wrote:
> I tried that, but the testers reported the file remained locked.
>
> As for OpenFile(), I do call CloseHandle() for each instance.

No, you do not. There is CloseHandle() in blat.cpp. I removed the
whole section with GetVersion()/CreateFile()/OpenFile() and the
message body file was no longer locked after the first mail.

Regards,
Thomas

--
http://blat.tbeu.de
thomas_beutlich
2006-12-04 13:01:35 UTC
Permalink
--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "Chip" <***@...> wrote:
> I tried that, but the testers reported the file remained locked.
>
> As for OpenFile(), I do call CloseHandle() for each instance.

No, you do not. There is no CloseHandle() in blat.cpp. I removed the
whole section with GetVersion()/CreateFile()/OpenFile() and the
message body file was no longer locked after the first mail.

Regards,
Thomas

--
http://blat.tbeu.de
Jose Luis Capel
2006-12-04 14:48:20 UTC
Permalink
Hi to all,

I am not sure if this question I sent before reached its target or not. But, in any case, I'll repeat ;-)

Does anyone where do I can find information about the functions included in the DLL?

Regards,
José Luis Capel
www.capelblog.com
www.mundoxbase.info


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Tim Musson
2006-12-04 19:12:45 UTC
Permalink
Hey Jose,

On Monday, December 4, 2006 at 9:48:20 AM you wrote

JLC> I am not sure if this question I sent before reached its target
JLC> or not. But, in any case, I'll repeat ;-)

JLC> Does anyone where do I can find information about the functions
JLC> included in the DLL?

Isn't that what the blat.lib is for?
Or am I not understanding your question?

--
Tim Musson
Flying with The Bat! eMail v3.85.03
I Work Hard Because Millions On Welfare Depend on Me!
Blat Manager, current version is 2.6.1, see www.blat.net
namtog
2006-12-04 21:41:40 UTC
Permalink
Greetings,

Tim wrote;
"Hey Jose,
<snip>
Or am I not understanding your question?"

I might be in the same boat with Tim. Below is
some info you might find useful.

Marc_f68 wrote;
"Here is what i use with my dev.tool (Centura)

Function: Send
Return number: INT
Parameter String: LPSTR

hope it helps"


Here is what DLL SpyR reports and URL to download it;

Function Name ID Number

Blat 268444815
Send 268444610
SetPrintFunc 268440538


Exported from: DLL SpyR 2.8.2 At: 09:57 10/15/05
DLL SpyR 2.8.2 Is programmed by:
Gustavo Fiorenza / GuShH | DüNE Inc | ***@...
http://gushh.com.ar/dls/DLL_SpyR_2.8.2.zip

PE Explorer finds;

Send
SetPrintFunc
Blat
cSend

PE Explorer home page;
http://www.heaventools.com/?r1=pex198&r3=mHP

Namtog
Jose Luis Capel
2006-12-04 22:37:08 UTC
Permalink
Hi Tim,

Yes... this is exactly what I need: functions and parameters contained in DLL. Where do I have to take a look to find that ??

Thanks for your help.
Jose Luis Capel
www.capelblog.com
www.mundoxbase.info

----- Original Message -----
From: namtog
To: ***@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 10:41 PM
Subject: [blat] Re: Newbbie question


Greetings,

Tim wrote;
"Hey Jose,
<snip>
Or am I not understanding your question?"

I might be in the same boat with Tim. Below is
some info you might find useful.

Marc_f68 wrote;
"Here is what i use with my dev.tool (Centura)

Function: Send
Return number: INT
Parameter String: LPSTR

hope it helps"

Here is what DLL SpyR reports and URL to download it;

Function Name ID Number

Blat 268444815
Send 268444610
SetPrintFunc 268440538

Exported from: DLL SpyR 2.8.2 At: 09:57 10/15/05
DLL SpyR 2.8.2 Is programmed by:
Gustavo Fiorenza / GuShH | DüNE Inc | ***@...
http://gushh.com.ar/dls/DLL_SpyR_2.8.2.zip

PE Explorer finds;

Send
SetPrintFunc
Blat
cSend

PE Explorer home page;
http://www.heaventools.com/?r1=pex198&r3=mHP

Namtog





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Tim Musson
2006-12-05 00:02:42 UTC
Permalink
Hey Jose,

On Monday, December 4, 2006 at 5:37:08 PM you wrote

JLC> Yes... this is exactly what I need: functions and parameters
JLC> contained in DLL. Where do I have to take a look to find that ??

The DLL uses the same options that the EXE does. Check out some of the
recent posts to this group for some examples of how to use it.

--
Tim Musson
Flying with The Bat! eMail v3.85.03
use Mindless::Boiler::Plate;
Blat Manager, current version is 2.6.1, see www.blat.net
Chip
2006-12-05 04:47:39 UTC
Permalink
> The DLL uses the same options that the EXE does. Check out some of the
> recent posts to this group for some examples of how to use it.


He may be looking at which functions are available in the DLL version, and
how does he call them to send messages. Do we have a description of the
public interfaces in blat.dll posted to the Yahoo group or to SourceForge
somewhere?

Chip
Tim Musson
2006-12-05 12:57:08 UTC
Permalink
Hey Chip,

On Monday, December 4, 2006 at 11:47:39 PM you wrote

C> He may be looking at which functions are available in the DLL
C> version, and how does he call them to send messages. Do we have a
C> description of the public interfaces in blat.dll posted to the
C> Yahoo group or to SourceForge somewhere?

I don't think so. If you send me something I can post it one the web.

--
Tim Musson
Flying with The Bat! eMail v3.85.03
Printed on 100% recycled electrons.
Blat Manager, current version is 2.6.1, see www.blat.net
Jose Luis Capel
2006-12-05 13:24:25 UTC
Permalink
Hi Chip,

Yes... this is what I am looking for without success...

I just want to know what functions are in blat.dll (blat.lib) and what's its parameters. Where do I have to take a look??

Many thanks for your help.
José Luis Capel
www.capelblog.com
www.mundoxbase.info

----- Original Message -----
From: Chip
To: ***@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 5:47 AM
Subject: Re: [blat] Re: Newbbie question


> The DLL uses the same options that the EXE does. Check out some of the
> recent posts to this group for some examples of how to use it.

He may be looking at which functions are available in the DLL version, and
how does he call them to send messages. Do we have a description of the
public interfaces in blat.dll posted to the Yahoo group or to SourceForge
somewhere?

Chip





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
marc_f68
2006-12-05 16:18:05 UTC
Permalink
Hi,
i hope it helps :

Library name: blat.dll
Function: Send
Export Ordinal: 0
Returns
Number: INT
Parameters
String: LPSTR

Send( blat_str )

blat_str contains different options needed :
textfile -subject "subject" -f <sender> -to <recipient> -server
YOUR_SERVER

Marc

--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Luis Capel" <***@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Chip,
>
> Yes... this is what I am looking for without success...
>
> I just want to know what functions are in blat.dll (blat.lib) and
what's its parameters. Where do I have to take a look??
>
> Many thanks for your help.
> José Luis Capel
> www.capelblog.com
> www.mundoxbase.info
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Chip
> To: ***@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2006 5:47 AM
> Subject: Re: [blat] Re: Newbbie question
>
>
> > The DLL uses the same options that the EXE does. Check out some
of the
> > recent posts to this group for some examples of how to use it.
>
> He may be looking at which functions are available in the DLL
version, and
> how does he call them to send messages. Do we have a description
of the
> public interfaces in blat.dll posted to the Yahoo group or to
SourceForge
> somewhere?
>
> Chip
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Chip
2006-12-05 04:44:39 UTC
Permalink
> No, you do not. There is no CloseHandle() in blat.cpp. I removed the whole
> section with GetVersion()/CreateFile()/OpenFile() and the message body
> file was no longer locked after the first mail.


Where do I not call CloseHandle() for an OpenFile() before it?
thomas_beutlich
2006-12-05 07:39:37 UTC
Permalink
--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "Chip" <***@...> wrote:
> Where do I not call CloseHandle() for an OpenFile() before it?

Check lines 747 and 763 of blat.cpp of blat261.source.zip. No handle
is returned by neither CreateFile() nor OpenFile(). Hence, in case of
success the message body file is locked and remains locked. These are
my corrections.

BTW, is your version check Vista ready?

// make sure filename exists, get full pathname
if ( bodyFilename[0] && (lstrcmp(bodyFilename, "-") != 0) ) {
DWORD version = GetVersion();
HANDLE h;

if ( (version < 0x7FFFFFFF) && (version > 0x09000000) ) { //
Windows XP/2003
h = CreateFile( bodyFilename, FILE_READ_DATA,
FILE_SHARE_READ, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL );
if ( h == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE ) {
int lastError = GetLastError();
if ( lastError == 0 )
printMsg("%s does not exist\n",bodyFilename);
else
printMsg("unknown error code %d when trying to
open %s\n", lastError, bodyFilename);

printMsg( NULL );
if ( logOut )
fclose(logOut);

cleanUpBuffers();
return(2);
}
else {
CloseHandle(h);
}
} else { // Windows 95 through 2000
OFSTRUCT of;
h = OpenFile( bodyFilename, &of, OF_EXIST );
if ( h == HFILE_ERROR ) {
printMsg("%s does not exist\n",bodyFilename);

printMsg( NULL );
if ( logOut )
fclose(logOut);

cleanUpBuffers();
return(2);
}
else {
CloseHandle(h);
}
}
}
marc_f68
2006-12-05 13:44:00 UTC
Permalink
Well done thomas

i hope chip will be able to give us a new release soon !

--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "thomas_beutlich" <***@...> wrote:
>
> --- In ***@yahoogroups.com, "Chip" <chip.programmer@> wrote:
> > Where do I not call CloseHandle() for an OpenFile() before it?
>
> Check lines 747 and 763 of blat.cpp of blat261.source.zip. No handle
> is returned by neither CreateFile() nor OpenFile(). Hence, in case of
> success the message body file is locked and remains locked. These are
> my corrections.
>
> BTW, is your version check Vista ready?
>
> // make sure filename exists, get full pathname
> if ( bodyFilename[0] && (lstrcmp(bodyFilename, "-") != 0) ) {
> DWORD version = GetVersion();
> HANDLE h;
>
> if ( (version < 0x7FFFFFFF) && (version > 0x09000000) ) { //
> Windows XP/2003
> h = CreateFile( bodyFilename, FILE_READ_DATA,
> FILE_SHARE_READ, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, NULL );
> if ( h == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE ) {
> int lastError = GetLastError();
> if ( lastError == 0 )
> printMsg("%s does not exist\n",bodyFilename);
> else
> printMsg("unknown error code %d when trying to
> open %s\n", lastError, bodyFilename);
>
> printMsg( NULL );
> if ( logOut )
> fclose(logOut);
>
> cleanUpBuffers();
> return(2);
> }
> else {
> CloseHandle(h);
> }
> } else { // Windows 95 through 2000
> OFSTRUCT of;
> h = OpenFile( bodyFilename, &of, OF_EXIST );
> if ( h == HFILE_ERROR ) {
> printMsg("%s does not exist\n",bodyFilename);
>
> printMsg( NULL );
> if ( logOut )
> fclose(logOut);
>
> cleanUpBuffers();
> return(2);
> }
> else {
> CloseHandle(h);
> }
> }
> }
>
namtog
2006-12-05 18:33:05 UTC
Permalink
Greetings,

When I try to build the Blat DLL 2.6.1 with;

Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003

And the two changes Thomas suggests;

else {
CloseHandle(h);
}

at the recommended locations I get the errors;


c:\blat 2.61\...\blat.cpp(762): error C2065: 'h' : undeclared identifier

c:\blat 2.61\...\blat.cpp(777): error C3861: 'h': identifier not found,
even with argument-dependent lookup

Do I now need Vista to build Blat?

Namtog
Chip
2006-12-06 23:17:43 UTC
Permalink
> Check lines 747 and 763 of blat.cpp of blat261.source.zip. No handle is
> returned by neither CreateFile() nor OpenFile(). Hence, in case of success
> the message body file is locked and remains locked. These are my
> corrections.
>
> BTW, is your version check Vista ready?


It should be Vista ready. In the code from last night, I made changes to
the version checks, per Microsoft's recommendation, and I also issue correct
file close calls for both functions. Based on Marc's response, I think I
can release this new version to Tim.

Chip
woronocoheights
2006-12-09 18:18:33 UTC
Permalink
First of all, I want to thank everyone who has worked on Blat for all
of their efforts.

While I just posted this issue on SourceForge, I see that you all have
taken care of the problem. Since I don't follow Blat's development
that closely, I am curious as to how long it might take to get these
fixes released. While I have fixed my code to use a unique filename
each time, I am concerned about leaving all of those files open. I am
looking forward to seeing if the MD5 login fix works for one of my
users so getting the fixes in place is of interest.

Thanks,

Leo
ykai
2006-11-22 22:07:35 UTC
Permalink
"namtog" <***@...> wrote:

>It compiles without error or warning.
>
>Trouble is all I get is the Blat splash screen;
>
>Did I miss something?

I wonder why there are no option dashes in Chip's example
source. I thought they were needed.

The following Perl script runs flawlessly for me
,---
use strict;
use warnings;

use Win32::API;

my $blat_send = new Win32::API('blat', 'Send', 'P', 'I')
or die "Can't import 'Send' from blat: $!\n";

my $cmd = join(' ',
'C:\test.txt',
'-s "testing blat.dll"',
'-t myself',
'-attach "d:\installer.txt"',
'-superdebugt',
'-log "C:\smtp.log"',
);

my $retval = $blat_send->Call($cmd);

print "Test returns: <$retval>\n";
`---

I never used the dll of blat before. Did not even
have it on my PC here. Downloaded it and put it in the
same directory where I executed my script.

,---
E:\Benutzer\Kai\perl>btest
Checking option -log
Blat v2.6.1 w/GSS encryption (build : Nov 18 2006 12:00:18)

Checking option -s
Checking option -t
Checking option -attach
Test returns: <0>

E:\Benutzer\Kai\perl>
`---

HTH
--
Kai
ykai
2006-11-27 23:30:21 UTC
Permalink
"marc_f68" <***@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
>My App is still running when try to send another mail.
>For example, in the same exe file :
>1. build your textfile called myfile.txt
>2. send it with dll blat
>3. rebuild the same myfile.txt (the probleme is here)
> i can't recreate this file, cause it's still locked by the point 2
>4. try to re-send it
>

Somewhat like this, i presume:

,------
use strict;
use warnings;

use Win32::API;

my $blat_send = new Win32::API('blat', 'Send', 'P', 'I')
or die "Can't import 'Send' from blat: $!\n";

my $file = 'C:\test.txt';

my $cmd = join(' ',
$file,
'-s "testing blat.dll"',
'-t myself',
'-attach "c:\installer.txt"',
'-superdebugt',
'-log "C:\smtp.log"',
);

my $i = 2;
LOOP: {
my $retval = $blat_send->Call($cmd);

print "Test $i returns: <$retval>\n";

last unless --$i;

open (my $fh, '>', $file) or die "Cannot write to $file : $!\n";
print $fh "This is $i\n";
close $fh;
redo;
}
`------

Which yields on being run as btest.pl:

,------
E:\Benutzer\Kai\perl>btest
Checking option -log
Blat v2.6.1 w/GSS encryption (build : Nov 18 2006 12:00:18)

Checking option -s
Checking option -t
Checking option -attach
Test 2 returns: <0>
Cannot write to C:\test.txt : Permission denied

E:\Benutzer\Kai\perl>
`------

While the exact same test with the V2.5.0 blat.dll runs
fine, exactly as described by marc.
--
Kai
c***@att.net
2006-12-05 18:10:43 UTC
Permalink
> Well done thomas
>
> i hope chip will be able to give us a new release soon !


Marc,

Answer your damn emails and MAYBE you will already have those answers.

Chip



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
marc_f68
2006-12-06 09:39:43 UTC
Permalink
Yeap, i forgot to check my mailbox for a long time, i focused my
attention on this forum.

I tried the DLL version about the lock/unlock textfile.
Everything works fine now with the lastest version (2.6.2)


Thank for all chip and thank to all contributors for help
Marc

--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, ***@... wrote:
>
> > Well done thomas
> >
> > i hope chip will be able to give us a new release soon !
>
>
> Marc,
>
> Answer your damn emails and MAYBE you will already have those answers.
>
> Chip
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Kevin van Houten
2006-12-06 13:29:13 UTC
Permalink
-- Also Sprach marc_f68...

> Yeap, i forgot to check my mailbox for a long time, i focused my
> attention on this forum.

Strange...I happen to get this mail list in email...

--
Qe'van the Unclothed, Bard of Nor
http://thenor.net/poetry

... 'Billions and billions and billions of stars and la-de-doo-dah.' Earl
Green
marc_f68
2006-12-06 09:48:59 UTC
Permalink
Sorry about that chip,

yes, i forgot to check my mailbox for a long time, i focused my
attention on this forum.

I tried the DLL version you sent me (about the lock/unlock textfile).
Everything works fine now

Thank for all chip and thank to all contributors for help and support

Marc

--- In ***@yahoogroups.com, ***@... wrote:
>
> > Well done thomas
> >
> > i hope chip will be able to give us a new release soon !
>
>
> Marc,
>
> Answer your damn emails and MAYBE you will already have those answers.
>
> Chip
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
ykai
2006-12-05 19:54:03 UTC
Permalink
"namtog" <***@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>When I try to build the Blat DLL 2.6.1 with;
>
>Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003
>
>And the two changes Thomas suggests;
>
>else {
>CloseHandle(h);
>}
>
>at the recommended locations I get the errors;
>
>
>c:\blat 2.61\...\blat.cpp(762): error C2065: 'h' : undeclared identifier
>
>c:\blat 2.61\...\blat.cpp(777): error C3861: 'h': identifier not found,
>even with argument-dependent lookup
>
>Do I now need Vista to build Blat?
>
>Namtog
>
>
>
>--
>Homepage:
> http://www.blat.net
>
>Community email addresses:
> Post message: ***@yahoogroups.com
> Subscribe: blat-***@yahoogroups.com
> Unsubscribe: blat-***@yahoogroups.com
> List owner: blat-***@yahoogroups.com
>
>Shortcut URL to this page:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blat
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
Tim Musson
2009-01-20 00:15:14 UTC
Permalink
This is a forwarded message
From: Craig Schreiner
Date: Monday, January 19, 2009, 3:34:21 PM
Subject: Blat v2.6.1 released

===8<==============Original message text===============
Hello Tim,

I recently upgraded to blat v2.6.2 from v2.4 and I have discovered a
bug that I believe was introduced in v2.6.1 where adding Priority:
and Importance: headers produces erroneous results using Microsoft
Exchange SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959) and using the low priority option ?
priority 0.

What I've found is that Outlook 2003 client and this version of
Exchange server actually is using the Importance: header (over "X-
MSMail-Priority: Low" when the Importance: header is present) to set
the icon and message status to "High" or "Low". When using the ?
priority 0 option with blat v2.6.2, both the Priority: and
Importance: headers are being set to "normal" which causes email
messages to show as normal rather than the desired "Low" priority.

A workaround I have found was to use the ?a1 option with
an "Importance: Low" argument and thus the email is shown received
correctly. However, the email received has two Importance: headers.
Fortunately the ?a1 option adds my header after the one blat adds and
fortunately, the last one read is used.

It would seem that the Priority: and Importance: headers should be
set to "Low" (or RFC equiv) when the ?priority 0 option is used
(not "normal" or just not set as blat v2.4 was doing, this worked
too), just as these headers are set to "High" when the ?priority 1
option is used.

Regards,

--Craig Schreiner
===8<===========End of original message text===========

--
Tim Musson
Flying with The Bat! eMail v3.99.29
Dark really sucks; that's why light moves so fast.
Blat Manager, current version is 2.6.2, see www.blat.net
Continue reading on narkive:
Loading...