gmail / smtp / ssl
Lieberman@Lieberware.com [blat]
2016-11-01 21:22:24 UTC
I am trying to send email via a gmail account.
Using smtp.gmail.com with port 465
Google says it requires authentification and SSL.
Is there a special Blat setting for this?
Should this work ok?

I'm getting "smtp server error. not a socket"

(this application is running on AWS, Windows, FoxPro 9)

Thanks, Art Lieberman
'Mike Mattos' cawthraguy@gmail.com [blat]
2016-11-01 22:59:05 UTC
You have to use stunnel to set up the secure connection, then point blat at the stunnel port on your pc.

Many small applications work this way to avoid having to deal with security.

MIke