-to does not exist
gr8comm
2003-08-28 13:58:29 UTC
I'm trying to run blat from a .bat file on an NT server. I have
installed it, but when I try to use it I get a "does not exist" every
time.

syntax 1 follows:
blat -to <***@mail.com> -f <***@mail.com> -subject "blah blah" -
body "blah blah"

that returns "-to does not exist"

syntax 2 follows:
blat D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT -subject "blah blah" -to
<***@mail.com> -f <***@mail.com>

that returns "blat D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT does not exist"

Any help??

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM
2003-08-28 14:01:08 UTC
Hey gr8comm,

My MUA believes you used eGroups-EW/0.82
to write the following on Thursday, August 28, 2003 at 9:58:29 AM.

g> I'm trying to run blat from a .bat file on an NT server. I have
g> installed it, but when I try to use it I get a "does not exist" every
g> time.

g> syntax 1 follows:
g> blat -to <***@mail.com> -f <***@mail.com> -subject "blah blah" -
g> body "blah blah"

g> that returns "-to does not exist"

g> syntax 2 follows:
g> blat D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT -subject "blah blah" -to
g> <***@mail.com> -f <***@mail.com>

g> that returns "blat D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT does not exist"

You need to put an extra - right after the blat command
body - -to etc...
Flying with The Bat! eMail v1.62q
Windows 2000 5.0.2195 (Service Pack 3)
What goes around usually gets dizzy and falls over.
Blat Maintainer (www.blat.net)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM
gr8comm
2003-08-28 14:12:37 UTC
OK, I tried
blat - D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT -subject "blah blah" -to
<***@m...> -f <***@m...>
Now I get the same result that I get when I type in "blat -h"

It acts like there is some sort of syntax error.

Here is the exact syntax (user and mail blanked)

Blat - D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT -subject "test PAYDETAIL FTP
2003-08-28 14:48:44 UTC
Hey gr8comm,

My MUA believes you used eGroups-EW/0.82
to write the following on Thursday, August 28, 2003 at 10:12:37 AM.

g> OK, I tried
g> blat - D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT -subject "blah blah" -to
g> <***@m...> -f <***@m...>
g> Now I get the same result that I get when I type in "blat -h"

g> It acts like there is some sort of syntax error.

g> Here is the exact syntax (user and mail blanked)

g> Blat - D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT -subject "test PAYDETAIL FTP
g> ERROR" -to ***@service.com -f ***@service.com

What version of blat are you using?
Have you run 'Blat -install'? I not, you need to add
"-server smtp.YourDomainName.tld"
Flying with The Bat! eMail v1.62q
Windows 2000 5.0.2195 (Service Pack 3)
E Pluribus Unix

Geeks 4 Less Prez
2003-08-28 15:02:55 UTC
I ran blat -install server.subdomain.domain.com
My MUA believes you used eGroups-EW/0.82
to write the following on Thursday, August 28, 2003 at 10:12:37 AM.

g> OK, I tried
g> blat - D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT -subject "blah blah" -to
g> <***@m...> -f <***@m...>
g> Now I get the same result that I get when I type in "blat -h"

g> It acts like there is some sort of syntax error.

g> Here is the exact syntax (user and mail blanked)

g> Blat - D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT -subject "test PAYDETAIL FTP
g> ERROR" -to ***@service.com -f ***@service.com

What version of blat are you using?
Have you run 'Blat -install'? I not, you need to add
"-server smtp.YourDomainName.tld"

Flying with The Bat! eMail v1.62q
Windows 2000 5.0.2195 (Service Pack 3)
E Pluribus Unix
Blat Maintainer (www.blat.net)

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Community email addresses:
Post message: ***@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: blat-***@yahoogroups.com

Shortcut URL to this page:

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM
2003-08-28 15:08:53 UTC
Post by gr8comm
OK, I tried
blat - D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT -subject "blah blah" -to
Now I get the same result that I get when I type in "blat -h"
It acts like there is some sort of syntax error.
Here is the exact syntax (user and mail blanked)
Blat - D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT -subject "test PAYDETAIL FTP
There is a syntax error.

When you specify the file to use for your message body, do not use a hyphen
as your first option. The hyphen is used only to tell Blat that you will be
using the -body option. Otherwise, Blat is expecting the first option to be
a filename.

Have you read the output from Blat to see what its command line should look
like?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM
Geeks 4 Less Prez
2003-08-28 15:22:02 UTC
When I use it without the - I get the following output

q***@yahoo.com
2003-08-28 15:44:35 UTC
Meanwhile, back at the farm...
Geeks 4 Less Prez screamed in ecstasy "RE: [blat] Re: -to does not exist!"
Post by Geeks 4 Less Prez
When I use it without the - I get the following output
D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT does not exist.
And I suppose you're saying that is wrong...that file
does exist?
--
Qe'van the Unclothed, Bard of Nor
http://qevan.home.comcast.net/poetry/

... 'Anata wa tofu no kado ni atama o butsukete
shinde shimae.' Genevieve

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM
gr8comm
mssoren2003
2003-08-28 16:30:56 UTC
The problem here is using the "-" along with the file "D:\PROGRA~1
\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT". Specifying "-" right after the "blat"
command indicates that there isn't a file to be read whose contents
would populate the message body. Essentially the following is
confusing blat by saying that there isn't a file defined for
populating the email message body (-), and then all of a sudden
specifying one (D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT). I'd get confused
too;)

Here are a couple of usage examples that should help.
blat - -to <***@domain> -subject <subjectText> -
body "<bodyText>" ...etc...

blat D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT -to <***@domain> -subject
<subjectText> ...etc...

Note that if you try to use the "-body" and still specify a file
like "D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT", the email message body will
only contain that specified by "-body".

Here is a little snipet from a simple Perl script:
#-----------------------------------------------
# Send a notification using blat.exe.
#-----------------------------------------------
sub sendEmail
{
my($host,$recip,$ticket,$msg) = @_;
my($cmd) = 'blat.exe' .
' -' .
" -to $recip" .
' -f "TEC Autoticket"' .
" -subject \" \"" .
" -server $host" .
' -port 25' .
' -try 1' .
' -priority 1' .
" -body \"$msg\"" .
' -noh2' .
' -q';
my($errCode) = system("$cmd");
return($errCode);
}
q***@yahoo.com
2003-08-28 17:01:27 UTC
Post by gr8comm
that returns "-to does not exist"
This is the case, using the '-body' parameter, where you use the 'lone hyphen' after the call to
blat by itself. Without the hyphen by itself, blat is interpreting the "-to" to be the filename
you want to send as the body of your message.
Post by gr8comm
that returns "blat D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT does not exist"
This is saying tht blat cannot find that filename to send as the body.
Now we have to determine why blat cannot find it.
If that file does exist in that directory, maybe the user running the .bat file has not enough
rights to read that file?
--
Qe'van the Unclothed, Bard of Nor
Qe'van's Poetry Page

'Don't mind me. I've been up since yesterday morning.' Molly

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM
2003-08-28 17:44:07 UTC
Post by gr8comm
Yes it does exist. I checked that, believe it or not. :-|
Blat does not have access to that file, for whatever reason. Which version
of Blat are you trying to run?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM
Mustafa Ersin Karadöl
2003-08-28 14:02:03 UTC
Post by gr8comm
body "blah blah"
do it like this.

I'm trying to run blat from a .bat file on an NT server. I have
installed it, but when I try to use it I get a "does not exist" every
time.
body "blah blah"
that returns "-to does not exist"
blat D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT -subject "blah blah" -to
that returns "blat D:\PROGRA~1\SCRIPTS\BLAT_FNF.TXT does not exist"
Any help??
==========================================================-
Bu e-posta sadece yukarida isimleri belirtilen kisiler arasinda özel haberlesme amacini tasimaktadir. Size yanlislikla ulasmissa lütfen gönderen kisiyi bilgilendiriniz ve mesaji sisteminizden siliniz. Turkiye Cumhuriyet Merkez Bankasi A.S. bu mesajin icerigi ile ilgili olarak hicbir hukuksal sorumlulugu kabul etmez.

This e-mail communication is intended for the private use of the people named above. If you received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete it from your system. The Central Bank of The Republic of Turkey does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM
gr8comm
2003-08-28 18:03:07 UTC
Thanks guys. All working now!!

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM
q***@yahoo.com
2003-08-28 19:07:09 UTC
Meanwhile, back at the farm...
gr8comm screamed in ecstasy "-to does not exist FIXED!!!"
Post by gr8comm
Thanks guys. All working now!!
If you don't mind me asking, what was the solution?
--
Qe'van the Unclothed, Bard of Nor
http://qevan.home.comcast.net/poetry/
http://texasfilk.home.comcast.net/

... 'Klingons don't NEED the ridged kinds....'- Qe'van

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM