help, BLAT stuck in endless loop
cohenm125
2003-03-27 06:23:16 UTC
Installed BLAT 1.82 on XP pro. Worked fine from command line.

copied just the blat exe into the system 32 directory.

wrote a batch file that uses blat
heres the statement:

blat c:\a.txt -t ***@recipeint.com

flashes over and over like the program is stuck in an endless loop
I cant stop it unless I do a control C. No mail is sent.

I have tried upgrading to 1.94, no change.
Anytime I try to reconfig BLAT with a -i I get my initial old batch
file statement
blat c:\a.txt -t ***@recipeint.com over and over until I control C
it.

It looks like I must have corrupted something with my original blat
statement in the batch file, because anytime I try to use blat I get
that line repeated over and over again..

Im not sure what to do to get this fixed, Ive redownloaded,
reinstalled but the same thing over and over again.

any suggestions would be appreciated. Is there something I shoud do
with the other files included with BLAT besides the blat.exe file??

Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/xGHJAA/dkFolB/TM
Rick Nakroshis
2003-03-27 11:57:55 UTC
Post by cohenm125
wrote a batch file that uses blat
flashes over and over like the program is stuck in an endless loop
I cant stop it unless I do a control C. No mail is sent.
BLAT doesn't have any looping abilities, so it must be your batch file that
has the problem. Post the *complete* batch file (changing passwords, etc
as appropriate) and we'll go from there.

Rick

2003-03-27 12:53:18 UTC
Is your batch file called BLAT.BAT ???

cohenm125
2003-03-27 17:26:58 UTC
Yes,

but Ive since deleted the batch , an now if I try to run a simple
BLAT command from the cli, i get the exact statement from my batch
file ( not the one I just typed in ) over and over and over until I
hit control C..

What am I doing wrong??
2003-03-27 17:35:01 UTC
It appears you still have a blat.bat somewhere in the execution path, and
that batch file is continually calling itself. These are the indications.

Hamilton, Robert
2003-03-27 17:37:50 UTC
Search your pc for BLAT.*

bobh

cohenm125
2003-03-27 19:19:12 UTC
You were all correct, I had a rouge copy in my root directory.
deleted it and all is well.

THanks for the prompt response to help me combat my own idiocy.

-Mike
Post by Hamilton, Robert
Search your pc for BLAT.*
bobh
Post by Chip
that line repeated over and over again..
Im not sure what to do to get this fixed, Ive redownloaded,
reinstalled but the same thing over and over again.
any suggestions would be appreciated. Is there something I shoud do
with the other files included with BLAT besides the blat.exe
file??
Post by Hamilton, Robert
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blat
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to