french/accented characters in subject line
Chris Weadick chris.weadick@gmail.com [blat]
2017-02-21 17:49:32 UTC
Been having some customers ask for emails to be sent in french. The message

body seems to be okay (as well as attachments of course) but the subject
line seems to be a different unicode set as accented é comes out as "U"

is there a switch or setting I can use to enable french characters in the

subject line and for calling in attachments?

I assume for attachments with spaces I can use the quotes around the
path/file name or %20 for spaces?

whatever happened to 8.3 and courier font LOL

Many thanks
chris
'Chip' chip.programmer@att.net [blat]
2017-02-22 03:28:57 UTC
Been having some customers ask for emails to be sent in french. The message body seems to be okay (as well as attachments of course) but the subject line seems to be a different unicode set as accented é comes out as "U"
is there a switch or setting I can use to enable french characters in the subject line and for calling in attachments?
I assume for attachments with spaces I can use the quotes around the path/file name or %20 for spaces?
whatever happened to 8.3 and courier font LOL
Many thanks
chris
In order to determine what might be happening with your accented é, it would be helpful to know which Blat version you are currently using, and whether it has Unicode support or not. Also, if you are using the .DLL, is your calling code compiled with Unicode support?

If you use a text file for your subject line, rather than the command line itself, then your text file should be saved as Unicode or UTF-8 for the accent characters to be saved properly. As a Unicode / UTF-8 file, the –sf <file> command line option ought to give you the accented characters as expected. Accented characters on the command line may not come through properly because the command parser changes them before Blat is able to see them.

Attachments with spaces in the names should have quotes around the whole.

8.3 and Courier = old school ... like me. I am still mostly a DOS programmer writing 32-bit hardware programs.