"The SMTP server did not accept Auth PLAIN value"
mkanet
2010-02-21 02:10:27 UTC
I am brand new to BLAT. I have looked at several examples of entering SMTP server information in my registry. I even verified the information is correct in the registry. I thought it would be very straight forward.

However, when I do a simple:

blat readme.txt -to ***@yahoo.com

I get the following information returned back:

Sending readme.txt to ***@yahoo.com
Login name is ***@mka.net
The SMTP server did not accept Auth PLAIN value.
Are your login userid and password correct?
The SMTP server did not accept Auth LOGIN PASSWD value.

There are only a few simple values defined in my registry. It's hard to mess that up. There must be something else that I'm missing. My SMTP server doesnt even have any kind of encryption or anything unusual that I know of; at least it hasn't been an issue for other SMTP utilties

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Public Domain\Blat]
"SMTP server"=
"SMTP Port"=3535
"Try"=1
"Login"="xxxxxxxx"
"Pwd"="xxxxxxx"
"Sender"="***@mka.net"

Thanks in advance, im guessing it's a very basic/common thing Im missing. All the examples I've seen seem to suggest that blat is more appropriate for localhost as the server.
Chip
2010-02-22 06:25:47 UTC
Post by mkanet
[...]
Did you enter those keys manually, or did you use the -install option for
Blat? If Login and Pwd are readable, meaning that you can see your
credentials when viewing the keys in regedit, then you need to run Blat
with -install to get the keys translated to base64.
--
Chip