Can't connect to mailserver (timed out if winsock.dll error 10060)
christine_leell
2003-10-06 09:28:52 UTC

I am using the Blat version 1.8.2 running on the win2k server. I am
encountered the following problem.

First,
C:\Win32app\Ingr\ABC\export>blat -install 202.172.123.456
***@xxx.xxx.xxx 1 25

SMTP server set to 202.172.123.456 on port 25 with user
***@xxx.xxx.xxx, retry 1 time(s)

Second,
C:\Win32app\Ingr\ABC\export>blat batch.txt -t ***@xxx.xxx.xxx
-s "hello from LN server."
Sending batch.txt to ***@xxx.xxx.xxx
Subject:hello from LN server.
Login name is ***@xxx.xxx.xxx

starting message smtp server
in prepare_smtp_message open smtp socket
load socket finished in open_smtp_socketError: Can't connect to
mailserver (timed out if winsock.dll error 10060)
prepare_smtp_message start procedures ret code -1
close socketError: Not a socket.

Is anyone can help? Thank you

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/dkFolB/TM
Romson Christer
2003-10-06 11:38:37 UTC
Can you telnet to port 25 on 202.172.123.456? What do you get in the log
file if you run
Blat with the -debug and -log options?

Christer
christine_leell
Chip
2003-10-07 02:28:49 UTC
Post by christine_leell
Hi,
May I know the syntax of the "blat with the -debug and -log option"
Thanks
Just add "-debug -log log.txt" to the end of your blat command line.

Chip

Tim Musson
2003-10-06 12:00:12 UTC
Hey christine,

c> I am using the Blat version 1.8.2 running on the win2k server. I am
c> encountered the following problem.

Any chance of upgrading to the current version? Check the Blat web site
for it.

c> First,
c> C:\Win32app\Ingr\ABC\export>blat -install 202.172.123.456
c> ***@xxx.xxx.xxx 1 25

c> SMTP server set to 202.172.123.456 on port 25 with user
c> ***@xxx.xxx.xxx, retry 1 time(s)

c> Second,
c> C:\Win32app\Ingr\ABC\export>blat batch.txt -t ***@xxx.xxx.xxx
c> -s "hello from LN server."
c> Sending batch.txt to ***@xxx.xxx.xxx
c> Subject:hello from LN server.
c> Login name is ***@xxx.xxx.xxx

c> starting message smtp server
c> in prepare_smtp_message open smtp socket
c> load socket finished in open_smtp_socketError: Can't connect to
c> mailserver (timed out if winsock.dll error 10060)
c> prepare_smtp_message start procedures ret code -1
c> close socketError: Not a socket.

That is indicating the server you specified is not responding as a SMTP
server.

As Christer suggested, try connecting to your server with Telnet. Look
at http://www.blat.net/newdocs/telnet25.html for an example of what to
expect and how to go about it.
--
Tim Musson